Macher (Fish) Jhol Recipe
- 500 gram Fish (Rohu or Katla) cut and cleaned.
- 1 teaspoon JBL turmeric powder
- 2 Medium Potatoes,
- 1 brinjal or 1 cauliflower (cut into cubes/florets)
- 6 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- 1 tablespoon JBL Macher Jhol Masala
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green Chillies
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Add turmeric and salt to the fish and mix well with spatula.
- Heat a kadhai and add 4 tablespoon mustard oil
and fry the fish on all sides. (fry them in batches).
- Gently lift the fish out of the oil and set aside.
- In the remaining oil fry the vegetables and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon JBL Macher Jhol Masala and salt
with a little water and make a paste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, pour in the mixture into the oil and let it simmer.
- Add the vegetables and sauté a little more.
- Add the fried fish into the kadhai along with the green chillies. Cook until done.
- Serve it hot with Rice.